Monday, February 05, 2007

Come as you are, that's how I want you.
Come as you are, feel quite at home.
Close to my heart, loved and forgiven;
come as you are, why stand alone?

No need to fear, love sets no limits.
No need to fear, love never ends.
Don't run away, shamed as disheartened.
Rest in my love, trust me again.

I came to call sinners, not just the virtuous.
I came to bring peace, not to condemn.
Each time you fail to live by my promise,
why do you think I'd love you the less?

Come as you are, that's how I love you.
Come as you are, trust me again.
Nothing can change the love that I bear you.
All will be well, just come as you are.

- Deidre Browne, Hymn Titile: Come As You Are

Labels:

11 Comments:

At Tue Sept 09, 03:41:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this is a lovely hymn. We sing it quite often at mass. :)

 
At Fri Sept 19, 04:54:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this, I neded the words today to add to a letter I was writing to someone in a dark place and didn't have access to them.

 
At Mon Nov 10, 01:49:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you. was searching the words for this hymn.

Check out my blog
http://www.funnymanthinking.blogspot.com/

 
At Tue Feb 17, 02:27:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey are their any ways of listening to this song online (youtube or something) ???

 
At Tue Dec 28, 01:24:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found the link below at you tube & I have been looking for this song in for a long time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16RywnFAJpY&feature=related

Enjoy

 
At Mon Nov 14, 07:25:00 am, Anonymous Tony, UK. said...

I heard this hymm for the first time today and it brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for writing it and posting it. Whilst searching the internet I came across a post where somebody has written an alternative set of words for those who like the tune but not the lyrics. How sad.

 
At Thu Jan 03, 12:46:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gum as chew are...

 
At Thu July 18, 10:58:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

after reading an email about a miracle of The Holy Eucharist today went to the Holy Mass feeling sad about our sinfulness and how great is the love of our God. I was in tears when we sang this beautiful hymn.

 
At Mon Aug 05, 04:01:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice song!
i enjoyed it
thx for posting it
<3

 
At Fri June 10, 01:52:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks!

 
At Sun June 04, 02:57:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was greatly moved by music and words. This was the first time I have heard the hymn. It was played at the very beginning of a dear friends' funeral, without one word being uttered... Heartbreaking, but truly inspirational

 

Post a Comment

<< Home